ravenna park

ravenna park

Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Week 8, May 27

Ravenna Park Observation
Wednesday, May 27
Sunny, 72 degrees

I went to Ravenna Park this afternoon. Again, the grasses and horsetails are getting taller than last week. Some old flowers have fallen off, and flowers such as Western Buttercup have spread all over the park along the trail. I also spotted Thimbleberry's blooming this week. It has 5 rounded white petals as the picture shown below. Salmonberry has also grown out the berry,  but they are not ripe yet.
Western Buttercup, Ranunculus Occidentalis, Buttercup Family
Thimbleberry, Rubus Parviflorus, Rose Family
Salmonberry, Rubus Spectabilis, Rose Family 
There were many small bugs flying above the stream. I flipped over a rock, and I think I saw many Mayfly in the Order Ephemeroptera on the rock. They all have long and thin tails, two antennas are on the upper body, and the whole body is black. I then used a jar to see if I can collect some insects, I think I collected many Spiny Crawlers, below is very blurry picture, it's so hard to catch them in the photo!

I also saw many flies. I was able to take a picture of one of them. This fly is possibly under the Diptera Order.

I saw a beautiful butterfly in the Lepidoptera Order as well. It took me so long to wait it landed, and it couldn't stop flying around. 

My poem is about this butterfly:

Dancing in the wind,
You blend your body in the colorful spring,
Stay longer! 
Float near me!
You are the inspiration of every poet. 





No comments:

Post a Comment